Camp Cool Environment registration is open!
- Join us for eight weeks of themed activities focusing on nature, science, and the arts. Kids enjoy summer days filled with indoor & outdoor fun, arts & crafts, games, and creative projects.
- This summer’s Camp Director is once again Jewel “Ducky” Soroka.
- We are excited to welcome back Andrew Berenguer in his second year as Assistant Camp Director.
- Campers bring lunch each day.
- Snacks are provided daily.
- Campers: Entering 3rd-6th grades. No exceptions can be made for younger children. Click below for camp brochure/registration form.
- Volunteens: Entering 8th-12th grades. Click below for Volunteen application.
We are no longer accepting Volunteen applications.
- June 26 – August 18, 2023
- 9am – 4pm
- The youth facility in the lower level of the Reformed Church of Highland Park, 19 South 2nd Avenue
$235 per week
Limited financial assistance available. Click below for financial aid application.
Payment can be mailed to Who Is My Neighbor, Inc., 19 S. 2nd Avenue, Highland Park, NJ 08904 or made online through the following link:
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Cool Environment Calendar for 2023
Week 1: 6/26-6/30 Art in 3D
We are unfortunately no longer accepting campers for Week 1.
Week 2: 7/3-7/7 (no camp 7/4) Nature’s Kitchen
Discover how to make tasty, healthy treats and snacks. Learn about different snacks from around the world. (Chocolate-covered ants, anyone?)
Week 3: 7/10-7/15 Engineering Week
Learn how bridges, buildings, and machines are built to last. Design and build a structure of your own.
Week 4: 7/17-7/21 Living in Harmony with the Land
Travel back in time to learn how the indigenous people who lived in the area now called New Jersey lived in harmony in nature. And explore what it means to live in harmony with nature today.
Week 4: 7/24-7/28 Detective Week
Learn about fingerprinting, analyzing evidence, and sharpen your powers of observation.
Week 6: 7/31-8/4 Magic and Illusion
Now you see it, now you don’t! Learn fun magic tricks and learn about and experiment with the science behind optical illusions.
Week 7: 8/7-8/11 Water World
Dive into all kinds of interesting, fun facts about oceans, rivers, lakes, and the creatures that live in or near the water. Discuss why it’s important to protect bodies of water around the world.
Week 7: 8/15-8/18 Creative Writing
Everyone has a story to tell! Learn about different ways to express yourself in writing, talk about some of your favorite books, and write a story of your own.